Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
Top Ten (Bookish) Things I’m Thankful For
1. Simply Charlotte Mason’s Favorite Read-Aloud Books for Preschoolers list. Timeless classics for 3-5 year olds. No twaddle, just a list of beautifully written picture and chapter books. I came across this list when C was maybe 18 months old, and pretty much filled her bookshelves using this list.
2. Twitter. Seriously, what a great way to connect with other book bloggers, publishers, and authors. Especially the Twitter chats!
3. The Estella Society‘s monthly photo challenge (hashtag #estellagram). I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t be on Instagram at all if it weren’t for this. So fun!
4. Bloggiesta. Such an inspiring and motivational event! When it’s over, I always feel like I’ve accomplished a ton, and I’ve always learned something new.
5. Coffitivity. When I have a bunch of reviews waiting to be written, this site paired with a cup of coffee (or three) keeps me focused.
6. All the scenic locations in my town where I can sit and read. Like this waterfront park, which also has a playground C loves.
7. Rafflecopter, for making giveaways a piece of cake.
8. Open Library‘s e-book lending library. So many great backlist titles.
9. The Chicago Center for Literature and Photography (CCLaP). Oh my gosh, all those events they host – they make me want to move to Chicago! But also, donationware books?! What a cool idea! And not one of their titles has disappointed me. Love love love CCLaP.
10. All my wonderful book blogger friends and readers! I had no idea when I started this blog in January how much of a community was out there. I’m so thankful to have found you guys.