Ashley at Closed the Cover is hosting the New Year – New Books Blog Hop, which also happens to coincide with my 1 year blogoversary! I’m excited to be giving away a $20.00 giftcard to Amazon OR Barnes & Noble (see below, runs through 1/2/14).
My bookish (and book-bloggy) New Year’s Resolutions:
- Reading goal – 100 books
- Italian reading goal – 3 books
- Children’s literature reading goal – read aloud 6 books (that is, novels; not picture books). We took forever to read The Trumpet of the Swan, but C really enjoyed it. She asked to start reading another book almost immediately. Definitely want to keep that enthusiasm up!
- I’d like to read more backlist titles this year… I don’t want to let upcoming releases keep me from reading older titles that have been on my TBR list and/or bookshelf.
- Start writing monthly wrap-up posts at the end of each month.
- New format for review posts that doesn’t include the synopsis of the book.
- Try not to go too crazy on the ARCs; only accept books I’m truly excited about.
Visit the other bloggers participating in this blog hop: