Setting // 6:30 p.m. Just woke up after a long Sunday afternoon nap.
Read This Week // I finished Coffee, Tea, and Holy Water by Amanda Hudson. Also read three more titles: Blue Sun, Yellow Sky by Jamie Hoang, We Should All Be Feminists by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, and Peaceful Neighbor: Discovering the Countercultural Mister Rogers by Michael G. Long.
Currently Reading // Dept. of Speculation by Jenny Offill.
Happenings // Over at The Socration Salon this week, we discussed Hausfrau and wow! This is a title we can talk on and on about! 150+ comments covering a variety of viewpoints, all of which had me thinking about different angles and interpretations. This week will feature a discussion on why hating the main character makes some readers hate the book itself, as well as a conversation on The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins.
Bloggiesta // I had a productive Bloggiesta this week. I didn’t get everything on my list done, but still feel good about the week. Here’s my wrap up.
– 3 reviews written and scheduled
– 15 past reviews added to my archives and cross-posted to Goodreads
– participated in 3 Twitter chats (whirlwinds of fun!)
– Amanda at On a Book Bender hosted a Simplify Blogging mini-challenge. I eliminated Google Plus. I get less than 1% of my traffic from there, so cross-posting my links hasn’t been worth the time and energy. I’m connecting with the same people I already connect with on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. I decided to keep my account open in case I need it, but I won’t be updating or cross-posting there.
– Andi at Estella’s Revenge hosted an Organize Your Reader mini-challenge. I took her advice and created folders based on days of the week (and one marked “daily”). Brilliant.