Popping in for a quick Top Ten Tuesday. Here are the last ten books that came into my possession:
1. Go Set a Watchman by Harper Lee: Pre-ordered this on Kindle and it downloaded at 12:08 a.m. I’m guessing this will appear on a lot of lists today!
2. Teaching What Really Happened by James W. Loewen: A student’s mom (a middle school history teacher) gave me this to borrow after a related chat we had. I haven’t had a chance to sit down with it yet, but the subtitle is “How to Avoid the Tyranny of Textbooks & Get Students Excited About Doing History.”
3. Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll: Bought this for the upcoming readalong/discussion on The Socratic Salon.
4. I Was a Revolutionary by Andrew Malan Milward: Review copy from Harper. Short stories/historical fiction.
5. The Gift of Failure by Jessica Lahey: Another review copy from Harper. Nonfiction, education/parenting.
7. Minecraft Ultimate Secrets Guide by Todd Bronstein: This was a Kindle freebie (a super short e-book only type thing) so I grabbed it thinking I could be cool and show C something she didn’t already know. I was wrong! Tips were great, but she already knew about them (thanks, YouTube).
8. Colorful Adventures on the Harp by Bonnie Mohr: C noodles around on the harp so much, I figured I should have this on hand and sneak in some lessons with her.
9. The Planets by Jennifer Finney Boylan: I’ve only read Boylan’s nonfiction and one novella, but I love her writing so I thought I’d give one of her older novels a try.
10. The Constellations by Jennifer Finney Boylan: Sequel to the above.